Saturday, November 24, 2012

The story behind my name

Mommy and Daddy had a lot of fun coming up with my name. In fact, they had picked it out before I was even conceived! They kept the name a surprise through the whole pregnancy, and referred to me as "Little Blueberry Calvarese" (or LBC) since I was the size of a blueberry when they found out about me.

My first name, Johanna, was chosen to honor the memory of two Aunt Jo's - one on Mommy's side and one on Daddy's. It was also chosen as part of Daddy's family history of Joe's, including Daddy, Grandpa Joe, and the late Great-Grandpa Joseph Calvarese.

My middle name, Lillian, was chosen to honor the memory of Mommy's Grandma Lilly. Mommy and Daddy call me Lily for short, even though it is actually my middle name. Boy, am I going to have a tough time explaining that to people when I'm older!

No comments:

Post a Comment